We know that sometimes the days and weeks leading up to Christmas can get a bit hectic and even stressful at times. It can be easy to forget that this is “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”. What a shame to go through this season without soaking in all the great things about it, so we’ve come up with 7 ways for you to truly enjoy the most wonderful time of the year!
- Make the most of the little things. Driving around looking at Christmas lights, drinking hot chocolate, window shopping, baking cookies, the list goes on. All of these things can be some of the most relaxing and fun things to do around Christmas time. All the little things can be a great way to make memories and they’re definitely worth slowing down for.
- Make a Christmas bucket list each year. Every year try your best to prioritize the things you want to see/do during the holiday season. That way you can be sure not to miss out on the things you care the most about, but you also don’t feel like you have to go everywhere and do everything.
- Don’t let a tradition become a burden. Keep the traditions that mean a lot to you and your loved ones, but feel free to let go of those that are more work than they’re worth. This also leaves room to make new traditions.
- Try to have more friends and family get together at the same time. This will keep you from running in so many different directions. By getting everyone together you can slow down and enjoy the time you’re spending with those that you love a little more.
- Share the work. By delegating and sharing the workload when it comes to preparing food, decorating or planning for holiday parties, it makes it easier for everyone. This way you can enjoy the party too. Plus, as everybody has a role, attendance is likely to improve and it helps build community.
- Simplify your gifts. Consider getting one gift for your friend or family member rather than multiple. If you are getting gifts for an entire family maybe get something that the whole family could use. (i.e. a family pass to the zoo, board games, movie night gift basket.) Sometimes a handmade gift or an item can be nice, but gift cards can be nice too. Especially if you give a gift card to a nice restaurant for a couple to go out.
- Take time to relax! Remember to slow down, take a break and do things that you enjoy. Make sure you remind yourself what this season is all about and what makes it so wonderful.
Thank you for reading “7 Ways To Enjoy the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”. We’d love to hear your thoughts, so be sure to find us on social media. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and we hope that your days are merry and bright!