Business Boosters: Twitter
What It Takes to Work from Home or Remotely
As most people probably know, the government is suggesting that businesses have their employees work from home if possible because of current health events. This is a daunting prospect for many people who have never tried working from home or have tried and failed.
If you’re being told to work from home, you don’t have to be afraid that it won’t go well. There are a few ways of making it successful to the point where you’ll never want to go back to the office again!
Make an at-home work space for yourself. It can be as simple as setting up your dining room table for you to work at or as complex as creating a home office. This designated space will keep you focused and in the right mindset for work.
Give yourself enough time. Don’t let yourself get distracted by chores and other household issues just because you’re at home. You’ll be more productive if you block out enough time in your schedule to get work done.
Get the right equipment. If you don’t already have the right laptop or computer for work, you should get one. When you have the right equipment, working becomes easier. Even if the equipment might be pricey, it’s worth the costs because you’ll be able to get your work done and show your employer that you are capable of and committed to working from home.
Stay in touch with your boss/manager/employer. Oftentimes, when you hear of people who are told they aren’t allowed to work from home, it is because they did not stay in contact with their superior. When you stay in contact with your superior about the status of your work, you prove yourself responsible and productive. It is likely that over time your superior will tell you that they really valued your updates and that you have proved yourself responsible enough to work independently without having to check in any longer.
Rely on your coworkers. If you need help from your coworkers, don’t be afraid to ask! It is likely that whatever job you do, you aren’t a one man band. Just because you’re working from home, doesn’t mean you have to now treat your job like you’re all alone. If you get help from your coworkers and help them in return, everything will keep running smoothly and get done.
Stay up to date with news and clients. Being out of the office doesn’t give you an excuse to be disconnected. Not only does staying up to date simply keep you informed, but you can apply the knowledge you gain to your work.
While working from home requires some adjustments, it doesn’t have to be painful. If you would like more advice on working from home, we have many employees with experience who could share their guidance. Contact us at [email protected].
1, 2, 3, Say “Instagrammable!”
Why Google Search Is the Best
Building Business in Difficult Times
- Tell your story. What has your business accomplished? What is your business’ passion?
- Invite a prospective client to try your business’ services/products.
- Provide what you have committed to provide and, if possible, provide more than was promised!
- Be as eager to buy what your business needs as you are to sell what others need. This continues the process of building relationships.
Remediating Search Engine Rankings
White Hat Versus Black Hat SEO
You Still Don’t Have a Mobile Site? Prepare to Be Ignored
Here’s How to Affordably Start Marketing
- the name of their business and how the history of that name
- a description of its services and products
- a description of its ideal client or customer
- its intended geographic reach
- a statement of what will make the business unique in its market niche
- Keyword research to identify the phrases that people might use to find the business online
- Content development to include keyword-rich text
- A mobile friendly, quick-to-load website
- Optimized pages in local maps and review sites such as Google My Business (Maps), Yelp, etc.
- Online reputation monitoring and coordination
- Email marketing
- Pay per click marketing
- Social media marketing (selection of specific strategies such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, etc. depending on ideal customer demographics)