For many, the holiday season has officially begun. Whether you like to get in the Christmas spirit early or not, we are quickly approaching Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before you know it! Sometimes it can be difficult finding a gift for friends and family that we know they’ll love. Stressful even. We understand. So, we’ve come up with a bunch of ideas for gifts that anybody would love and as an added bonus they support our local businesses and community!
• For your coffee loving friend, you could get a gift card and some grounds or pastries from Mike’s Community Cup.
• For your dog or your friends with pups, you can get toys and treats from The Soggy Doggy that your four legged friends will love. Also don’t forget to groom your pup here before family and friends come to visit.
• Your foodie friend will love a gift certificate to B&E Meats. At this local butcher, you can select the cuts you’d like. This place is local, fresh and has some of the best meat and seafood around.
• A great gift for any kids you know that are under 48 inches tall is a Wiggleworks Kids Play Pass! There are multiple options ranging from 5 visits to monthly unlimited passes. This indoor play place is tons of fun for kids and parents. With one location in Bellevue’s Crossroads Mall and one in Puyallup’s South Hill Mall you have a choice of destinations.
• You can get a watch or jewelry item repaired for a friend or family member at Fast Fix Jewelry. You can also buy charms, jewelry, watches or jewelry that’s handmade by the owners’ wife. There are so many choices!
• You can gift a friend or a couple with a stay at a nearby hotel. Gift a loved one with a staycation. It’s an affordable way to give them a break. Find a few hotel options here.
• Something that would be fun to get together would be a bunch of little gifts from Pike Place Market. There’s all sorts of great stuff at the market. Flowers, baked goods, cheese and all sorts of handcrafted goods. A gift basket compiled of fun things you find would be thoughtful and unique!
• There’s a new bakery in Burien and they sell some cute and delicious desserts and breads. From macarons, to chocolate and pastries, baked goods from Bakery Nouveau would make a fantastic gift.
• Another foodie friendly gift would be an assortment of Popcorn from Freedom Snacks. They have a huge variety of flavors and colors. They’re located right in Normandy Park. Plus, who doesn’t love popcorn?
• Dilettante Chocolates has tons of great goodies and the option to pick out your own assortment of chocolates. Plus, they have some of the best hot chocolate around!
Thank you for taking a look at “Locally Sourced Christmas Gift Ideas”. We hope this has been helpful in getting the ball rolling on your Christmas shopping and that it inspired a few fun ideas of your own! We’d love to hear your thoughts so be sure to find us on social media.